Rubrics based Assessment and Feedback
ByTheMark Sapluuna is a system for manual grading of exercises with features to help giving more and better feedback for students. It is an easy-to-use web application that handles the exercise workflow from start to finish. Here’s how it works:
- You as a teacher set up the course and exercise. At this point, you will create the rubric that is used to grade the exercise. Also, you add phrases of typical mistakes or positive things that you think will occur often in the student solutions.
- Students submit their exercises online. The submission can be in any format, for example a PDF or a text document.
- You assigns the submissions to graders. The graders can be yourself, teaching assistants, or students for peer review or self reflection. This step can be automated.
- The graders grade the submissions using the rubric you created. Feedback can be composed from the phrases or written manually.
- The system sends the feedback to students by email.
The service is still an early version, and we invite people to register and try it out for free.